Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And then there was LIFE

Nothing is worse than being so excited to travel and then coming down with the worst case of strep throat you have ever experienced. So bad in fact, the doctor who sees you suggests a shot of penicillin before he even continues the examination. Ouch. Life begins to suck....
Then college starts back up for the hubby and I, and me being the over-extender that I am decide to take a full college course load while attempting to learn Italian, take care of my new 1st grader's anxieties about 1st grade, attend as many Italian holiday festas as possible, and plan a few trips here and there on top of all that. It might not sound like much to the casual multi-tasker, but ask my husband and he'll tell you first hand: "That woman does not multi-task well." So, as my last post was in October..... you can see where I'm going with this. It wasn't intentional by any means, it just was not to be avoided. 
Funny part about all of it is though, we learned a few things:
 
#1 Don't be afraid of Italian pharmacists. I got strep 3x over the course of 4 months and a shot of penicillin at only 10 euro a shot isn't bad!

#2 Italian 1st grade is no joke! My daughter writes in cursive, does math, and recites Italian poems, and still has a page or two of homework each night. Thank Goodness she likes to read and write!

and

#3 Italians are CRAZY at New Years! We saw so many fireworks! And our crazy neighbor shooting his pistol in the air next to our house. Firework show.... over. 

In the next few weeks I'll be posting about our trips to Perugia, Paestum, Herculaneum, Florence, Pisa, and Dublin! Stay tuned!!

No comments: